Grain-Free Nutty Granola
I've never been a big breakfast kind of a person- so having something delicious that motivates me to get food into my body is on the top of my morning routine agenda. I've been really loving this grain free granola, it's easy to make and worth taking the time to do. I usually eat mine with some greek yogurt.
Ingredients:
1 cup chopped almonds
1 cup chopped macadamia nuts
1 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1 Tbs. chia seeds
1 Tbs. sesame seeds
1/2 cup coconut flakes
1 cup mixed dried fruit (I used cranberries, but you can use whatever you like)
zest of 1 orange
3 Tbs. maple syrup
1 Tbs. honey
2 Tbs. coconut oil
Instructions:
1. Preheat oven to 160 degrees Celcius
2. Mix all nuts, seeds, coconut flakes, fruit and orange zest into a large bowl. Slowly poor the maple syrup, honey and coconut oil over the nuts and fruit. Stir well to make sure everything it evenly coated. Lay some baking paper in the bottom of an one proof tray to prevent sticking.
3. Spread the granola evenly on the tray. Bake in oven for about 45 minutes or until golden brown. Every 10 minutes stir the mixture to ensure even caramelization.
4. Let cool in the tray for 2 hours or overnight, then break it up and store in an air tight container.
*This recipe has been adapted from one I found in my Barre3 program
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment