Jane Austen's House

 We headed out to visit Jane on Sunday afternoon. The weather has been absolutely beautiful over the past few days and we couldn't wait to take a leisurely Sunday drive to Alton and see where Miss Austen lived. It's been on the top of my bucket list since we arrived here in England.

The thing that I loved the most about her house was how much natural light poured into it. There were fresh flowers all around and sunbeams bursting in from the windows, which made our visit all the more magical. 

We took our time enjoying the fresh air, the sun (it's been a while) and each others company. It came to my attention while visiting that Austen fans are natural story tellers. This was something I really appreciated while we were there. There were several people who stopped to chat with us and tell us their story. We all shared a mutual adoration for Jane and her works and the importance of writing things down. I loved chatting with everyone and sharing the experience in that way. I'm sure Miss Austen would have as well. 


^^ in Jane Austen's kitchen, pretending to host my own cooking show for a brief moment

^^ I was rather pleased with myself














^^ all I can say is "thank goodness there were costumes" because this is basically a dream come true. We also need to take a moment to appreciate that Alex is dressed up to... he's a good sport like that. Andrew didn't really have a choice. 




^^ I really love being his Mum







No comments:

Post a Comment