I've been in need of a bit of a parenting win lately when it came to feeding Andrew. Since arriving in the U.K he's only really wanted to eat Vegemite sandwiches, maybe it's his way of telling me he's homesick?! Nevertheless, one cannot survive on Vegemite sandwiches forever- and it was stressing me out being the nutritional police woman that I am! The kid needed fruit and veggies back in his diet and that was that!
Try and try, I did. Everything ended up on the floor. Everything. It was at this point that I came to the following conclusion: those unfortunate souls who are damned to hell will indeed be presented with a toddler upon arrival, they will then be instructed to feed that toddler all the food. ALL THE FOOD. Am I being dramatic? Perhaps a little. Maybe a lot. But I kid you not- that was exactly how I was feeling. There I was sitting in the kitchen arguing with a tiny person who is yet to form a full sentence , and he has six teeth. A tiny person that I love so dearly and is probably the coolest kid I know- the same tiny person that I have the best days with and I am generally in complete and utter awe of.
Note to self- get a grip. No, not on the side of the highchair, your toddler does not need to see you pummelling that thing. Get it together, woman!
So I did what all parents to, I googled recipes (has anyone else noticed that parenting seems to be 80% googling? Just me? Ok). I found some great little recipes and I got to work. Be it known that these were an absolute hit on the day that I made them. The next day not so much. But then the day after they were a hit again. Toddlers.
You can find the recipe I used here. If you wanted to, you could completely omit the brown sugar and just add a little more banana, completely up to you (and your toddler).
Thanks for reading! xox

