We've all done it. You know, Snapped a picture of that perfect dessert and shared it on social media before a bite even makes it to your lips. The sole objective being to create food envy in all your friends. That's exactly what I did last night, I made something so wonderfully delicious and easy I had to share it with you all. So Instagram, I did. Not only were these little strawberry pies scrumptious, they are fuss free and ready with in 20 minutes.
Here is the recipe (serves 4):
1 sheet of puff pastry, thawed
250g container of strawberries, halved
2 tablespoons almond meal
1 table spoon raw sugar - plus a little extra for sprinkling
milk for brushing
Cut the pastry into four even squares. Mix the almond meal and sugar together in a small bowl. Cut the strawberries into halves. Spread almond meal and sugar mixture onto the already prepared puff pastry squares. Arrange the strawberry halves on top of each of the puff pastry squares, distributing them evenly amongst the 4. Fold the corners of the squares towards each other, pinching the them at the base to seal them, leave an opening at the top. Brush with milk, and sprinkle over extra raw sugar. Bake in a moderately hot oven for 17 minutes. Top with cream and take a picture for all your friends. The end.


