He was in that half sleepy- half awake phase and was rubbing his eyes while laughing at the pleasure of being outside. He ran around the verandah pointing out all the birds he could see and making animal sounds. I crouched down and just watched him take it all in. I could't help but take a few pictures of him. I also couldn't help but offer up a little prayer for him. I asked God that my little man would always wake up happy and that the world would always make him wonder.
My favourite thing about having this birds eye view of childhood is watching my little boy discover the world. I think it's the greatest gift of parenting. Everything that he sees and discovers is amazing to him. He takes such a long time looking at things and figuring them out, all with a huge smile on his face. He literally runs outside everyday with his arms wide open as if to say "come at me world, I want to see all you have for me today". Everything that his little two year old self can discover. All the things.
In everything he does he teaches me how to be happy and present. He's the perfect antidote to any fears or worries that I have. He gives me hope, joy and love everyday.
I love watching his childhood. To me, it's the greatest story ever told.










Just lovely, the thoughts and words and sentiments. Don't you just love this stage they are in right now?
ReplyDeleteIt really is a fantastic stage, thanks for stopping by and leaving some love.
DeleteKelly x