The Beauty Collective: Angelina







About: A mother of three children, with another on the way - life for me is all about being a mum and wife. I love to scrapbook - to capture all the wonderful memories that can be forgotten unless they are recorded. Any other chance I have to myself I love to listen to music and zone out from the world and rejuvenate my very introverted personality.


I asked Angelina what makes her feel beautiful, this is her response: Beauty isn't how others think about you, and it isn't how the world thinks we should look. Beauty is all about how you feel personally, no matter what size, shape, colour or lifestyle you may come from. A majority of the time, when I say "this person is beautiful" it doesn't mean their appearance, it is who they are, and how they live their life. Having a beautiful personality will always make a person much more attractive compared to a person who is attractive but has a horrible personality. What good is a pretty face, if there's no depth behind it?!

To be quite honest, I struggle to feel beautiful sometimes, with the media constantly in your face with their definition of beauty, it becomes hard to block it out. But I feel most beautiful when I am at peace within myself. I feel beautiful when I know I am being the best person that I can be.

I feel beautiful as a person, when I am doing a great job as a mother, when I am showing my children love, and knowing that I am giving them the best upbringing that I can (because let's be real... happy mama isn't always here in the Martin home). I feel accomplished when my home is a place where my family can feel safe from all the dangers of the world, where my children can grow into their own personalities, and they don't feel pressured to be someone they aren't. I want not only my family but my friends to feel comfortable being themselves around me, because they accept me for who I am, and acceptance is a beautiful thing!

I feel beautiful when I am looking after myself. Being healthy isn't about having a body like a model. But we were given these bodies, and I feel that we need to show gratitude for them by giving them the right nutrients that they need, with a few treats every now and then. Healthiness is not just physical, it is emotional and spiritual as well. When I take the time out to do the things that I love most, I feel refreshed... all the stresses of the world don't seem as big as they used to after I have disconnected from the outside and reconnected with what's inside of me.

My parents always taught me, treat others how you would like to be treated. I'm pretty sure everyone would love to feel beautiful. We can do that by seeing the good in everyone. The world has too much negativity and even though we may not be able to change the world, we can change how those around us feel. Let's not judge a book by it's cover. Some of the most important books have very plain and simple covers. It's what is on the inside that truly matters.