About: Currently a stay at home mum, who loves to read, listen to music (even if it's only children's books & music right now) and loves spending time with family and friends.
I asked Davinia what made her feel beautiful, this is her response: I feel beautiful when I am happy and what makes me happiest is being with my family and friends. They love me for me and I can comfortably be myself in their presence, this is what makes me feel truly beautiful.
I have never subscribed to the idea of beauty that you see on TV and in magazines. If that were the case I would wear full catwalk ready makeup daily, I would wear as few clothes as possible or at least make sure they left nothing to the imagination, I'd be dripping with diamonds and according to the celebrities of today I would need butt implants... This is not for me!
In my opinion they have part of the recipe for beauty right but all the wrong ingredients. Beauty is in part about what you wear on your face, what you adorn yourself with and what's on the inside but it cannot be purchased from a store or surgically implanted.
The most beautiful thing that you can wear on your face is a genuine and heartfelt smile. It's the type of smile that you can't fake and it takes your whole face to pull off; it's not just your mouth that smiles, your checks sit a little higher, you get that crinkle around your eyes, and it's so contagious that anyone who sees it can't help but smile back. I believe a smile is more attractive than any cosmetic item in the market.
How can you be happy & pull of this type of genuine smile if you're getting blisters from your high heels, can't breathe because of the corset you've squeezed into or you're wearing a dress that's so tight or short that you can't even sit down in. I am always happiest when I am comfortable in what I am wearing and I feel most comfortable when I am dressed modestly.
As far as the 'bling' and what I choose to adorn myself with; it's not diamonds and jewels, it's all about my family and friends. When I am surrounded by people that love me as much as I love them, I feel like the richest person in the world. This is especially true when I am with my husband and daughter they are my crowning jewels. The greatest happiness I have ever known has come from being with my family and friends and when I am with them I feel truly beautiful.
Now for what's on the inside and I don't mean butt implants! I know it sounds corny but what's on the inside really does have an impact on our beauty. If you have a positive attitude, love in your heart for others, you know who you are and are courageous enough to stand up for what you believe in (even if it's not popular or trendy), you will radiate a confidence and self assurance that is dignified, warm, kind and loving. It leaves no room for unnecessary self doubt or feelings of personal insecurities.
One last thought; don't judge your beauty by the amount of likes you get on your latest social media profile picture or selfie. "Beauty isn't about having a pretty face. It's about having a pretty mind, pretty heart and pretty soul" - Author Unknown True beauty is more than skin-deep it shines from the inside out and it does not require the validation of other people to be so.







No comments:
Post a Comment