The Beauty Collective: Jacquie







About: Jacquie is a 21 year old loving life. She is a budding law student and is thoroughly enjoying her studies. In her spare time she likes watching Netflix, eating good food in the company of good friends, she also loves to decorate.

Favourite quote: "The question isn't who is going to let me; it is who is going to stop me."-Ayn Rand

I asked Jacquie when she felt beautiful. This is her response: I feel beautiful when I'm putting my mind to good use. I feel most beautiful when I'm using my mind to do the things I love most. I love learning and I really love decorating. I quite often joke, if the law doesn't work out I'll become an interior decorator. Well, it is the 21st century and we live in a time where women can be anything they want to be, so what's to stop me? Audrey Hepburn once said "The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure she carries or the way she combs her hair." For me, beauty is what we become. I am extremely grateful to be born in a time and a place where I can become whatever I want to be. I know that's not true everywhere, and much needs to change in that aspect, but I feel that beauty really is both inside and out. I want to become an independent woman who can achieve anything she sets her mind to. For me, that is the essence of beauty. It's not just looks, it's everything underneath. An intellectual woman with great character-that's what I hope to become. That's what makes me feel beautiful-that I'm using my mind to become the woman I want to be.





No comments:

Post a Comment