Moroccan Inspired Hummus

While munching on my favourite 4:30-in-the-afternoon snack of hummus and carrot sticks I thought: "this is really underwhelming, you can do better than this." To which, of course, I had to agree with myself. I had never made hummus before but knew what the general make up was- experiment in the kitchen... don't mind if I do!

Because carrots are one of my favourite vegetables I decided to join them in on my little adventure... the recipe went just like this:

Ingredients:
1 400g can chick peas, rinsed and drained
1/2 cup tahini
5 carrots chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
4 cloves of garlic, crushed
2 tablespoons of lemon juice
1 tablespoon of Moroccan seasoning (with a little extra for the chick peas)
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil

Method:
1. Fill a pot with water and bring to the boil, add the carrots, cook until soft (approximately 10 minutes)

2. While your carrots are cooking, place the chickpeas in a non stick fry pan, sprinkle with the extra seasoning and pan fry for about 8 minutes.

3. Add all of the above to a food processor, apart from the olive oil and whiz that baby away until it's all nice and smooth, scraping down the sides if you need to.

4. Put your food processor on the slowest option available and slowly pout in the olive oil

Serve with some crackers and flat leaf parsley and you are good to go- best snack or appetiser on a summers day.



No comments:

Post a Comment